It’s that time of year! Here’s my 2021 Best Nine (in no particular order):
– I was a finalist in the 2020 Premier’s Book Awards: WA Writer’s Fellowship.
– I did a nice family trip to the Abrolhos Islands (I hadn’t been there since I was a kid).
– My novel’s TV Adaptation was announced in The Hollywood Reporter/Variety/Deadline, etc.
– I managed to do three Supanova events (which was amazing given the number of lockdowns), and I met a great bunch of people along the way.
– I finally got new headshots after 8 years (though I already want to change them).
– I went on a health kick, lost 11kgs and I’ve never felt happier.
– My novel Pandemic: Patient Zero was finally released after a long delay.
– I won the Tin Duck Award for Best Long Written Work for my novel The Sensation.
– I had a Marvel X-Men short story published in the School of X anthology.
Though there were still a few down points throughout the year, the good far outweighed them. I know I had it luckier than many and for that I’m grateful (especially when there’s a few good points I can’t even talk about yet…).
So bring on 2022!